TIGERSWAN 1 DAY WOMEN'S INTRODUCTORY PISTOL COURSE
$225.00 tuition fee (includes 8 hours instruction and a certificate of completion.)
This course is for women who are unfamiliar with range procedures and firearm safety or need to learn how to correctly shoot a pistol. The lower round count of this course is easier on the hands. The small class with a maximum six to one student to instructor ratio makes it easier for women to discuss concerns about various topics such as hand strength, recoil management, type of handgun, safe carry, and storage of a pistol.
The following topics will be taught in the course:
- Range procedures
- Firearms safety
- Gear and weapons selection
- Loading and clearing
- Fundamentals of pistol marksmanship
- The draw
- Training methodology and drills
Ammo requirements: 200 rounds of pistol ammunition per person.
Prerequisite: None – this is an introductory course.
Training schedule: Show time is 7:30 am with instruction starting at 8:00 am and ending at 5 pm.
- Semi-auto pistol with 3 magazines/or revolver with 4 speed loaders
- Holsters, magazine/speed loader pouches
- Gun belt or a strong belt that will support the holster
- Weapon cleaning kit (with oil)
- Rain or inclement weather gear
- Eye and ear protection (clear and shaded lens are recommended)
- Water/Snacks (1 hr lunch break)
- Sun screen (non-greasy or water resistant recommended)
** We recommend you wear comfortable shoes, long pants, and a long sleeve shirt that you don’t mind getting dirty.
TSI requires applicants for training to submit documentation of responsibility before being accepted as students. Each prospective student must submit the credentials applicable to the course of instruction desired and include the credentials with the completed enrollment form.
For all courses:
- Copy of current driver's license.
For all firearms courses:
- Evidence of current Active Duty Military (Photo copy ID card)
- OR Evidence of current employment with Local, State or Federal Law Enforcement Agency
- OR Evidence of no felony criminal history from a law enforcement agency on agency letterhead or photocopy of current Concealed Weapons. (TigerSwan can conduct a criminal background check if this cannot be obtained from local LE office).
- Credentials can be faxed to 919-303-0331 or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- If cancellation is made 30 days or more prior to the scheduled course start date, a full refund of money paid will be made.
- If cancellation is made less than 30 days prior to the scheduled course start date, TigerSwan will charge a $50.00 cancellation fee.
- No refunds will be provided for no-shows or drops from training.
Statement of Eligibility
I hereby certify by my signature that I have no criminal convictions that prevent me from legally possessing, owning or purchasing firearms.
I further certify that I have no official or unofficial history of mental illness or substance abuse and that I meet the prerequisites listed for the course.
I further certify I have never been affiliated with or belong to any gang or other illegal organization involved or engaged in any illegal activities. This includes international or domestic terrorist organizations.
I further certify that my only purpose for seeking the training, which I have requested TSI to provide me, is so that I may better be prepared to provide lawful service to my employer or in performing lawful acts for my own use.
TigerSwan's training programs depend upon the careful control of each student’s cooperation regarding safety issues; therefore, I understand that my instruction may be terminated at any time if my conduct is not deemed satisfactory at the sole discretion of the staff.
That I will abide meticulously by any and all safety procedures required, and that I agree to sign a statement releasing TigerSwan, Inc. from any injury I may sustain during the program.